Lost In the Fog

Photographs of the great San Francisco Bay Area

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

When your shutter is too slow

Click to Enlarge


My old camera always frustrated me because it was so slow... Every time I thought I was taking a picture of one thing, I ended up recordikng that very same thing (or quite another!) about 9 seconds later...

Like this picture I shot in Paris. Boy, did I have a surprise when I saw what I shot on the monitor! Well, since every time I run across this picture, it always cracks me up, I thought I'd share.

Did you ever take a picture of something kind of like this, by accident?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger AphotoAday said...

Hey, if I thought I could get away shooting someone scratching his butt, I'd be the first guy to snap a photo of it...   I guess he could have been doing something worse with his finger, but I probably would have skipped that photo-op -- after all I do have my limits...

Oh yeah, I know what you mean by pressing the shutter and having nothing happen...   I think they're making better point-and-shoots these days that are a little faster on the draw...

About a year-and-a-half ago I moved up to a Canon5D, but still, if you take, say, a dozen or even more shots in rapid succession and then stop, it won't let you taken anymore for a few seconds until it finishes processing... Also, in auto-focus mode it won't let me take a shot until at least one of the nine focusing points is registering, so I often have to switch to manual-focus if I'm shooting something very soft, like clouds...

11:11 AM  
Blogger Tomate Farcie said...

Ah, but you see, he wasn't *yet* scratching his butt when I clicked! ;)

I usually get people walking into the shot or a car will drive through, but that's a first.

7:01 PM  
Blogger claude said...

Chouette ! Une photo de Paris !
Oui oui, c'est la m^me plante que sur ton post Pink flower. J'en ai un autre un peu plus en retard, car je pense que je ne lui mettais pas assez d'eau. Il va fleurir et est violet. Tu penses bien que je vais le montrer.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Bright A said...

Paris? nice place here. You have done a beautiful job. Nice blog

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home